Fiddler Marie Reilly and her younger brother, accordionist Martin Reilly, have been highly regarded players in New York City’s Irish session scene for quite some time. While both siblings have toured with several incarnations of Riverdance, Marie is a former member of Cherish the Ladies and Martin has performed with the Eileen Ivers Band, Cherish the Ladies and as a member of the Green Fields of America (with Mick Moloney and Robbie O’Connell).
Their first album as a duo, this Self-titled and self-produced collection of 13 instrumental tunes has a warm, homemade feel to it, which, for Irish traditional music, is a very good thing. Especially when the quality of the playing is as high as it is here.
Featuring Guests: Joanie Madden, Mick Moloney, Donal Clancy, James Riley, Michael Boyle, Brenda Reilly and Martin Reilly Sr.
1. The House Of Hamill / Karen Tweed’s
2. The Woods Of Old Limerick / Nora’s Kitchen
3. Jimmy Lyon’s / Lorca’s Reel
4. Kitty O’Neil’s Champion Jig
5. Maureen O’Loughlin’s / The Opera / Miss McDonald
6. Dry And Dusty
7. John Brennan’s / P. J. King’s
8. Calon Lan
9. Declan Rourke’s Reels
10. Old As The Hills / Sean Ryan’s / Scartaglen Jig
11. Sean Parnell’s / Donegal Reel / Billy’s
12.Mick Carr’s Barndances / Sean Hayes’
13. Stack The Rags / Mary McMahon Of Ballynahinch