Celtophile's For the Love of Erin collects traditional Irish tunes into a budget-priced CD. Mick Moloney's "Limerick Rake," Altan's "Lass of Glenshee," John Faulkner's "Newry Town," Cherish the Ladies' "Galway Rover," and Deanta's "Benedy Glen" are a few of the highlights from this affordable sampler of Irish music. ~ Heather Phares
Producers include: Gerry O'Beirne, Patrick Street, Patrick Sky, John Faulkner, Mick Moloney.
Compilation producer: Thomas Rota.
Personnel: Joanie Madden (vocals, whistling, flute); Mick Moloney (vocals, guitar, mandolin); Ged Foley, Robbie O'Connell (vocals, guitar); Andy Irvine (vocals, bouzouki, harmonica); Donna Long (vocals, fiddle, piano); John Faulkner , Mary Dillon (vocals); Phil Cunningham (whistling, keyboards); Mary Coogan (guitar, mandolin); Roger Wilson (guitar, fiddle); Gerry O'Beirne, Arty McGlynn, Mark Kelly (guitar); Kate OBrien (fiddle, viola); Rosie Mulholland (fiddle, keyboards); Eileen Ivers, Kevin Burke, Aly Bain, Siobhan Egan (fiddle); Frankie Kennedy, John Skelton (flute); Joe McKenna (tin whistle); Chris Parkinson (accordion, melodeon); Mary Rafferty, Jackie Daly (accordion); Benny Hayes (piano, keyboards); Neil Martin (keyboards); Dave Early (percussion).
1. The Humours of the King of Ballyhooley - Patrick Street
2. The Limerick Rake - Mick Moloney
3. The Lass of Glenshee - Altan
4. Newry Town - John Faulkner
5. Kilkelly - The Green Fields of America
6. The Rocky Road to Dublin - The House Band
7. The Benedy Glen - Deanta
8. Sweet Lisbweemore - Patrick Street
9. Dublin Lady - Andy M. Stewart and Manus Lunny
10. The Bantry Girl's Lament - Reeltime
11. The Galway Rover - Cherish the Ladies